Adsense

Friday, January 7, 2011

Happenings this week

A lot has been going on this week.

I continue removing wallpaper from the laundry room while the boys nap.  Next week I will select paint and begin repainting the baseboards.

In this fit of home improvement, I mentioned to D about replacing the light fixtures in the bathrooms as well as having frames put around the mirrors.  Twenty-eleven (2011) marks 10 years living in our home, and I'd just like to do some small, relatively inexpensive changes.  D said something along the lines of, "They're fine.  They're not broken."  To which I replied something like, "Well your iPhone wasn't broken but you got a new one."  To which he said, "Well it was almost broken."  (Is this like being almost pregnant?)

Me wanting to replace light fixtures is akin to him wanting to buy Call of Duty Version 45.5; I am simply tired of/bored with/have played out the current lights.

M is now 15 months old and has been successfully night-weaned.  He usually doesn't make a peep from 7:00 pm until 7:30 am.  He is still a big day-time nurser, but that is perfectly ok with me.  He loves to bring books to me or D and be read to.  He says "ball" and "ack" for snack.

I have been remembering that it was January 2 years ago, when G was 15 months, that I got pregnant with M.  I don't remember thinking to myself, "MY GOD, G is just a baby himself," but maybe that is because I was just so stunned to be pregnant.  How did I manage a toddler and being pregnant 24/7 sick?

G was evaluated for his speech issues on Thursday, so we will find out in about 2 weeks if he will qualify for services through the local school district.

After 2 days of being back at school N managed to come down with strep throat---her 6th bout in 10 months.  I think a tonsillectomy will be in the foreseeable future.  I hate the idea of her having surgery, but I also know from experience how awful it is to have chronic strep throat your entire childhood.  To this day I still wish my parents would have had my tonsils taken out.

(Unfortunately I had chronic strep and 3 sets of ear tubes, adenoid removal and a hole in my eardrum that eventually had to be patched.  I am hoping that since the boys have ear trouble they will avoid the throat problems.  Perhaps my ENT problems will be split somewhat equitably among my kids.)

The two days she was home from school she was quiet and low-energy.  But once she got that 2nd dose of antibiotic in her, she was back to the very chatty phase she is going through right now.  She just drones on and on.....diarrhea of the 1st grade mouth, which isn't cleared up by Omnicef, much to my dismay.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Love the light fixture/iPhone conversation. I got a good laugh out of that one.

As one who has been through the pregnant-while-caring-for-a-toddler phase as well, I can say that we are BOTH rock stars for surviving those months.

As are all women who survive that phase, especially the ones who survive it repeatedly while remaining cheerful, productive, and loving wives and mothers. I know a few of those and they amaze me.