Adsense

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And then I lost it

So what was to have been 2 weeks of Christmas break has really been almost 3 weeks, since there was a snow day on the 13th (and N was home sick anyway), N stayed home again on the 14th, and then there were two more snow days on the 16th and 17th.

D has been off work almost 2 full weeks.

In the last 29 days, M and G and I all had some kind of highly unpleasant viral thingie, and N and I both had strep throat, resulting in 2 and a half weeks of being stuck inside with someone feeling cruddy.

And due to the busy nature of December, my social group that meets for dinner didn't meet, and I wasn't able to go to bunco because of an ice storm.

I am beyond thrilled that this year, unlike last, everyone was well on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

But now I would like a slice of nice normal life again.  Please and thank you.

N is to the point that she has admitted aloud that she is bored and ready to go back to school.  G is plum sick of having to share me, his space and the television with not only M but N (and Daddy.)  D has been helpful, but I am tired of asking him to do this, that and the other (my fervent prayer every day is that one day he will just do it without being asked or reminded---but who am I kidding?)

At least in the summer, we can escape to the outdoors.....be it a park, a pool, a playground.  But in 30 degree weather and cloudy?  Stuck.inside.with.no.other.course.of.action.than.to.go.completely.insane.with.each.other.

I had a game plan for tomorrow and Friday but learned today that both of those have fallen through, so now I'm scrambling.

It was this scrambly, panicky mood that led to me throwing a Grand Mal fit and demanding that D, N, G and M go upstairs and leave me the hell alone.  I had just had it with G hoarding toys away from M;  M screaming in disgust at having toys taken away by G; and D standing there doing whatever he was doing while the boys had at it as I was trying to take down the Christmas tree.

Internally, I was trying to think of options for the next couple days, to keep everyone somewhat sane (especially ME), while listening to G and M fuss and holler which meant I had to stop what I was doing (removing ornaments) since D was standing there (possibly checking his iPhone, but I can't say for certain) but not dealing with the boys, which pissed me off because goddamit I'm fucking tired from having
1. bought the gifts
2. wrapped the gifts
3. put up the tree and all other Christmas decorations
4. taken the Christmas pic and ordered copies
5. mailed the Christmas cards
6. purchased and made the food for Christmas morning
7. AND been concierge for my tribe for the past 14 days without a goddamn break (since I'm not getting my 'Mommy Completely Left Alone Time While the Boys Sleep' since N is here).

Seriously, the last thing I want to have to deal with is taking down the tree, boxing all this shit up and still having to contend with kids while I'm doing it.

(Deep breath)
It really is a Christmas miracle that it took me this long to rant.

No comments: