Adsense

Friday, July 30, 2010

Highlights of summer

I am having N make a "What I Did This Summer" scrapbook in an effort to keep her brain from atrophying as we muddle through these new few weeks.

And so she and I sat down and tried to remember and jot down what we've done this summer.

The list was so extensive I feel like a frickin' ROCK STAR!!!

Here's what we came up with:

Holiday World visit
Ride Thomas the Train
Science Center visit
Build A Bear Workshop with Girl Scout Troop
Junk Genius workshop at the library
Krispy Kreme visit
Toy Story 3 movie with her daddy
iHop for lunch
Having 5 friends over to play this summer
Going shopping with Mamaw
Swimming with Uncle K, Aunt J and cousins at country club
Swimming at Nana & Pa's neighborhood pool
Having sleepovers with grandparents
Climbing the dirt pile at the nearby construction site
Going to Cousin Sheila's for a birthday party
Going to Cousin Jeannie's for a birthday party
Sea lion & seal exhibit at the zoo

(and this is in addition to running to Target, visiting the library to check out books, going for doctor visits, and working in her SummerBridge workbook.)

Here are some photos of N's summer......


Her Rosie tattoo at Thomas the Train event
Riding the rides at Holiday World

Uncle K throwing her into the pool.  
With G, climbing the dirt mountain.  
Her Junk Genius statue.  
Her Krispy Kreme souvenir.
At the Science Center.  
At one of the birthday parties.  
With Ju Ju Bear with Girl Scout troop. 

2 comments:

Bld424 said...

This looks like a fun summer! I have not commented much on your blog, but I have to share that I think she had a good summer, and that you are a good SAHM. I was also a middle school teacher (and I loved it more than most people can fathom.) I also have some anxiety and depressive disorder business going on, but I am in recovery from an ED and do so well thanks to Zoloft (and would be even better with Klonopin or Effexor if they were compatible with nursing or pregnancy).

So I appreciate your blog because it is honest and thoughtful and reflects so much of what is going on in my head, too.

Kelsey said...

You ARE a rock star! Love the pictures.