Adsense

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Things that amaze me

1. It amazes me that some people really talk on their cell phones as much as they appear to. I notice this in stores. They just jabber on and on without a care in the world, still apparently able to get their shopping accomplished. Almost 2 years ago, I purchased 1,000 minutes on my cell phone. When I went to re-up last year, I had approximately 786 minutes remaining. So I bought 10 more, to add to the 786, because obviously I don't have much to say. At least on the phone.

2. It amazes me that celebrities bother to get married. If I had that much money, there would be no way in heck I'd marry. Especially if I'd been with the person a number of years and already had a child (yes, I'm talking about you Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard). I can see that there are legal benefits to the middle class, but the uber-rich and famous. Nope. I figure if I'm not married, I won't feel so bad falling in lust with a co-star and having an affair while on set.

3. It amazes me that there could actually be a correct way to install toilet paper on the roll. Seriously, as long as I can unroll some and avoid getting feces and urine on my hand, I'm good. I don't care which way it rolls.

4. It amazes me that my daughter hasn't really asked how the baby got in mommy's belly. I think at one point, I said something about how mommies and daddies hug in a special way, and that seemed to do it for her. I sometimes wonder about her lack of curiosity about most everything. She can talk your head off, but it is never questions like, "Why is the sky blue?," and "Why don't turtles have teeth?" Of course, I don't think I was ever that inquisitive, so maybe it's genetic.

5. It amazes me that people buy homes that cost upwards of $200,000, and then don't keep them up. Fix the fucking roof, trim the goddamn bushes and get someone to replace the trim on the east-facing side of your home (4022, I'm talking to YOU!!!!!).

No comments: