Adsense

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oh, yeah....my kids

I have been so busy being self-absorbed with my pregnancy and swine flu complex, I almost forget to jot down what my kids are doing....how they are changing.

N is all about The Lion King because her dance school is doing it as their ballet performance in the recital. This weekend, I rented her The Lion King 1 and 1/2, so she has been watching that repeatedly. It is funny the way she repeats lines from movies. From this one it's, "Meercat: It's what's for dinner." Another favorite quote is, "I get the dark meat," from Ice Age: The Meltdown.

I bought a Ipod nano from a neighbor and downloaded some music for the car. N likes any song from any movie she's seen. After she saw Beverly Hills Chiuahuahua she fell in love with Gwen Stefani's, "Rich Girl." I was able to get her to listen to Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" since she heard it in Flushed Away. Gonna get "Proud Mary" (also from Flushed) and hunt for others.

G is saying more and more words. Dadu for thank you. Hehwo for hello. Mow for mowing grass. Potty for... potty. I forget how neat an age 18 months or so is. He has this book called Show Me, and on each page the momma is asking the baby to show her a body part. He turns to each page, looks at me, and touches the body part the momma is asking about---nose, chin, tummy, knees, toes.

And the older N gets, the longer her legs grow, the more lanky and gangly (like her mother) she becomes, I realize I need to savor G's baby hugs for their cuddliness and frequency. I will miss it when my children no longer want to hug me....which is happening all too soon with N.



No comments: