Adsense

Friday, May 29, 2009

Head. Meet Wall.

One of those days.
N was a royal pain in my pregnant ass.
She was fine until G woke from his nap, around 4:15. Then she started pretend crying and asking me, "Is that a fake cry?" It went something like this....

"Bwaaah. Waahhh. Wah. Is that a fake cry?"
"Yes."
"Waaah. Bwah, Wah. Wah. Is that a fake cry?"
"Yes."
"Wahh. Bwaaaah-Waahh. Wah, Weee. Is that a fake cry?"
"Yes."
"Hrrrrr. Bwaaah-Weee. Wah-Wah. Is that a fake cry?"
"Yes." (Blood pressure rising.)
"Booo--hooo. Bwaaah-wah. Hrrrrr. Is that a fake cry?"
"Yes." (Dear god don't let me kill her.)
"Bwah-boo, Woo-Hrrrrr. Is that a fake cry?"
"Yes. Will you please stop?" (Because by this time, Repeat is starting to imitate his sister doing her fake crying routine.)
"Hrrr-woo-boo. Bwaaaaaaaaaaah. Huughhhhhh. Is that a fake cry?"
"Seriously. Stop. Enough."

I finally gave myself a time out in my bedroom just to get the fuck away from her, but she followed me and hollered, "Mooooom. Mooooom. Mom. Mommy. Mommmaaaaaaaaa," until I made her swear she would stop fake crying and generally irritating me.

But this episode set the stage. I was irritated, and she was intent on being aggravating, so by the time D got home, I was toast. The cherry on top of it all was when she called me a "loser" because I wouldn't do the see-saw with her, and then followed it up with sticking her tongue out and swiping at me with her teddy bear.

It is these situations that make me yearn for the day she goes away to college.

No comments: