Adsense

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

OMG

Tonight G flipped himself backward while sitting at the dining room table in his booster seat. Afterwards, D told me that is the 2nd time in a week he has heard me say, "Oh my God!" about something G has done (the first was when G fell down all 13 steps last Wednesday).

I reminded D that technically I have said it 3 times in the last week. Last Tuesday, G gave himself a bloody lip by falling on one of his cars on the kitchen floor.

After supper while D was doing dishes, G got the step stool out of the pantry, pushed it over to the refrigerator and started climbing. Together now: OMG!

A few years ago, there was a commercial (I cannot for the life of me remember what was actually being advertised) in which a mom says, as her son is doing dangerous things, "If he lives until he's 5," "If he lives until he's 10" and so on. Eventually the commercial showed the now grown boy saying the same thing about his daughter.

D and I both think about that commercial ALOT these days.

4 comments:

Giselle said...

Criminy...I haven't had a kid like that yet. I don't think Andrew could climb anything STILL. I hope Mikey doesn't do the "typical" boy thing either. I don't think my heart could handle it.

Good luck!

Kelsey said...

I wonder if that's a boy thing or just a temperament thing?

Erin said...

OMG! I know! TOTALLY. It's a good thing they BOUNCE so well.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world as well. I don't even take pictures of the black eyes, etc for fear it will look bad when we look back at old pictures and T is beat up in all of them!

Beth