Adsense

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Last minute gift gettting

I had been so strong, so courageous. Weeks ago I finished my Christmas shopping for the kids, and I had held firm. But watching G today look through his books, some of which are barely held together by a shred of binding, I thought I might get him a book or two.

Doing so will not mean purchasing for N, since I already have a book-like gift for N sitting in my closet, which I intended to save for her birthday in February. But yesterday and today she has been playing alot with her Disney Princess dress-up books, and the aforementioned book is a Barbie magnetic storybook.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

Getting out by myself today to purchase G a couple books will help minimize my stir-craziness that will begin in earnest tomorrow, when we are inside to avoid the crowds. We will be making a visit to the muffin store, though, to order goodies for Christmas morning breakfast.

Oh, I'm gonna do it. Mental health care of this kind doesn't have to be too expensive.

1 comment:

Keri said...

I'm curious -- are you avoid crowds because of the kid/germ factor (totally understandable)? I was just thinking that if you get energized, as you say, by being out and around people, that it would benefit you to be out in the crowds this time of year. But maybe not with a 4-year-old and a 1-year-old. That would more likely have the effect of DEPLETING your energy...