Adsense

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My dear boy

Dear G,

I know it pains your daddy for me to say this, but my heart was captured by another man twelve months ago, and my love affair with him continues despite his drooling, stinky poops and propensity for destroying my house.

Minutes old

1 day old

1 month old

You have brought me so much joy and laughter with the things you do. Kicking your legs and waving your arms when you see ducks or horses or dogs. Yanking pots, pans and kitchen towels from drawers and splaying them all over the floor. Clicking your tongue to tell me you are hungry. And that wide, beautiful grin of yours that you flash at most everyone you meet.

2 months old

3 months old

4 months old

I look back at pictures of you from months past and am amazed at how much you have changed and how quickly the time has gone. I try to savor the special times when you crawl over and lay your head in my lap. When I lift you out of the crib in the morning and you cling to my neck, giving me a huge hug. When you say, "Mama or Dada" in a clear voice.


5 months old

6 months old

7 months old

You are such a friendly boy, eager to smile and wave. And mostly easy-going, although there is no doubt when you don't like something. You scream and push the offending object out of your way...and sometimes launch it across the room.

I love to watch you hike your leg over the tub in an attempt to nosedive into the water for your bath. I love to watch you sample every pacifier in your crib, as if they were appetizers on a tray. I love to see you wrap the dining room curtains around your head and play peek-a-boo.

8 months old

9 months old

10 months old

11 months old

There is nothing sweeter than holding your chubby little body, but I know I will forget the feel all too soon because you will grow thin and gangly in a rush of time. But with that bigger body will come even more ways for me to find that I love you.

I am so privileged to have you as my dear, sweet boy.

Happy 1st Birthday love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post - love the ending. Happy Birthday, G.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. Happy Birthday G!

Beth