Adsense

Friday, June 27, 2008

Attitude about Pippi

N had been draggy on Monday and Tuesday of this week which I attributed to our busy weekend past----Friday the 20th was our neighborhood picnic; Saturday we did the zoo with cousin Mollie and then N spent the night with Mamaw and Mollie; Sunday was breakfast at Mamaw's and Aunt Norma's for a cookout in the afternoon.

But then Wednesday after being at the pool, she started running a fever. By Thursday late morning her fever was gone, but she remains a little congested and tires easily.

We had rented some DVDs on Monday so that she could vege to recover from the busy weekend the first part of the week. Last night I ran to the video store to rent a few more (even though I really like Kim Possible, I don't think I could watch So the Drama one more time). I rented Pippi Longstocking, Alvin & the Chipmunks and an animated version of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (LWW).

This morning, after N finished LWW I asked if she wanted to watch Pippi Longstocking. Oh my god, she lashed out at me screaming that she didn't want to watch it, crying and trying to hit me. She also mentioned something about "I don't like her name" and that she wanted me to go live inside the tv and she wanted to get a new mom. What the fuck? I was waiting for a priest to enter the family room and exorcise whatever demon had possessed my child.

Fortunately for her, she had been sick so I assumed her outburst was a result of not feeling well. Had she not been drexin, I fear I might have thrown her through the wall. See if I go get you DVDs when you're sick again, missy!!!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Pippi Longstocking...ahhh the memories, remember Pete's dragon too?

Anonymous said...

That is so weird- I had a dream last night that Norah was sick.

Sarah H.