Adsense

Friday, June 20, 2008

Wrong on so many levels

I think I've bitched on my blog at least once about our idiot neighbors behind us. I have been tempted many times to put a sign in their yard that says, "Home For Sale--By Neighbor."

I don't hate these people; I simply think they are dumb, dumb, dumb. So much so that it is in the best interest of society to sterilize them.

They used to leave their big Presa Canario dogs outside all hours of the day and night. Aside from the fact that the dogs would bark, and bark, and bark, they would also snarl and growl whenever N and I were in our backyard...and these dogs have a reputation for mauling people.

They had a big honking tent with dj and catering and valet parking in their backyard to celebrate their 5 year anniversary. C'mon, man, 5 fricking years? I mean, that is great and all, but is it really worthy of so much celebration?

There have been other dumb things, but today in my mailbox was perhaps the dumbest of all.

Some people get all weirded out if they aren't invited to events, like weddings and birthday parties. As a person who hates spending money, I am NEVER upset when I am not invited to these things, especially when they are for people whom I don't know well or at all. Usually, I am insulted when someone I don't know well invites me or N to something because it is simply gift-fishing.

Our neighbors have a daughter who is turning 4. N occasionally sees her, and I can count on 2 of my fingers the number of times N has played with this child in the last year. Hell, I can count on 2 fingers the number of times we have even seen this child in her backyard.

Today, in the mailbox, was an invitation for N to the neighbor child's birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese.

First level of wrongness: We aren't friends with these people. I know nothing about them. N and their kid do not spend time together, go to school together, talk to each other through the gate, nothing. N should not be invited to her birthday party. Gift-fishing. Period.

Second level of wrongness: If I were the type of person who wasn't insulted that N was invited to a party for a kid she barely knows, I would be insulted that the party is TOMORROW!!!

So N was invited to a party for a kid we barely know and was given the invitation at the last minute. Dumb!!!!!

Said invitation is in the garbage.

The neighbor, who is expecting a baby, mentioned to me that she is having a shower this summer and she'd love for me to come. I have plans that weekend, whatever weekend it happens to be. And in addition to being insulted that I am invited to a shower for a person I barely know and think is dumb as a brick, I will be further insulted because I am sure I will get the invitation 20 minutes before the event begins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to give you fair warning...Ella has N on her birthday party list on July 27th:)

Beth