Adsense

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Thank god she says funny stuff....

Otherwise, I'd probably kill her. Yep, I'm talking about my 3-year-old. D says on a regular basis, "What are we gonna do about her?" As if I know?????

I should have known when she started coming up with all sorts of cutesy remarks that it would soon be followed by attitude. It's like you can see her brain developing just from how her language and attempts to control the universe mimic and parallel each other.

So these are some of her comments from the last week of so...

One morning I was checking email while N was sitting on the office floor looking through her alphabet scrapbook. She was on the C is for Cousin page. As she pointed to each picture, she would say, "Me, Hubert, and Pierre," and then the next picture she'd say, "Me, Flossie and Bessie." At one point I asked her, "Who was that?" She looked up at me in an exasperated fashion and said, "Mommy, stop rewinding me."

Following our neighborhood yard sale (which I coordinated), I returned half of everyone's fee since we collected so much money. N walked with me around the neighborhood delivering the envelopes. At one house, there were 2 small, black chairs on the front porch. When the woman answered, N said, "I like your chairs. The are black, just like you."

One afternoon we were watching The Little Mermaid show on one of the Disney channels. Ursula transformed herself to look skinny, so I said, "Look, now she's skinny." When Ursula went back to looking like her normal self, Norah said, "Now she's puffy."

Sunday night on the way home from Mamaw's house N was talking about the days of the week, I guess since we always go to Mamaw's house on Sunday evenings. She started saying her version of the days of the week. D started snickering to himself, but it took me a minute to process what she was saying. She said "Tuesday, 3sday, 4sday," and so on.

One of N's favorite Disney films is The Little Mermaid II. One morning, we were playing on mommy & daddy's bed, when N said, "Stop criticizing me!" Aside from being confused since I wasn't criticizing her, I wondered where she had even heard the word. When I asked, she told me that Morgana on Little Mermaid II says it. So who says kids shouldn't watch a bunch of tv?????

No comments: