Adsense

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

A delight (#8)

I don't send many snail-mail letters, but when I do I like to put a fun stamp on the envelope, a stamp that has a little personality. 

During these past 10 months, I have sent more snail mail than when life was busy. 

N started sending letters to her friends, too, as a way to pass time and stay connected that doesn't involve a screen. 

I have taken to perusing the USPS site more frequently, being sad when new cool designs aren't available yet, and snatching up the ones I can get that aren't your usual flag or flower.

For this round, I ordered Gwen Ifill, Scoob, and Maine. 



But my favorite so far has been the Ruth Osawa stamps

One the one hand, this interest in stamps--their colors, designs, and meanings--could be seen as a pathetic way to find entertainment. 

But I like to think of it as an opportunity to notice. 

No comments: