Adsense

Sunday, January 31, 2021

A delight (#10)

Yesterday I ran some errands and happened to notice that an Indian grocery has opened up near my home.

So I picked up paper clips and copy paper and proceeded to meander for a few in the grocery aisles (which I haven't done in a very long time in my regular grocery because there are far, far too many people there). 

This grocery was small and pretty nondescript. No super creative decor. Not a huge selection.

But there was enough here to make me feel like I'd stepped one toe into a different world. A world where I could find spices I don't normally see. A world where I could see vegetables that look nothing like the vegetables I usually cook.

Bins full of bittermelon and Thai green eggplant. 

Shelves with ghee, Rusk Elaichi, masala chai, and ribbon pakoda. 

It provided a brief venture from my world, which has become so isolated and quiet these past almost 11 months, into a place that felt new and exciting. 



No comments: