Adsense

Friday, January 8, 2021

A delight (#5)

I am generally not a person who engages in schadenfreude, but sometimes...I can't help but enjoy it a wee little bit when someone who has a reputation for being a complete asshole gets a little taste of comeuppance. 

You see, I blogged about a situation with a certain school's band director who was an unmitigated dick to me in 2019

My better angels did not send a letter to his superiors at the school because I determined that it was unlikely to make a bit of difference. He had been working there for years, I reckoned. And his reputation suggested to me that he likely treated most everyone that way. Why would a letter from me make an ounce of difference?

Imagine my surprise when I read news reports today that the district fired him "on the basis of insubordination, immoral character or conduct unbecoming a teacher, and inefficiency, incompetency, or neglect." 

Sometimes it is a little delightful when what someone reaps gets sowed. 


No comments: