Adsense

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Advertising phraseology that drives me nuts

Today my dear mom stayed home with the boys so I could run some errands---picking up play sand and lava rock at Home Depot, buying a frame at Michael's for N's new Justin Bieber poster, picking up $5 tees at Old Navy.

As I was leaving Michael's, I happened to notice the ad they had stapled to my receipt which read, "Buy More, Save More."

Is there no more irritating and oxymoronic advertising phrase on the planet?
How on g*d's green earth is it possible to buy more (otherwise known as spending money) and still miraculously save more money?
It is, as Vizzini says in The Princess Bride, INCONCEIVABLE!

As much as I love to save money, if I could save more money by spending more money I would have started doing it a long time ago.

No wonder we have debt problems in this country.

1 comment:

D said...

How appropriate:
http://xkcd.com/870/