Adsense

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Days with the insane clown posse

If you think I'm talking about the rock band, you are wrong, so putter along to a website that actually knows anything about music.

I'm talking about my family.

I love them, but jesus, days like today just about do me the fuck in.

Now I could just rant and bitch about my kids and hubby, but I am gonna try to write something nice or funny or wonderful they've done after I bitch about them. To prevent myself from getting in my car right now and driving to Arkansas.

The GIRL--
I love her, but she so reminds me of what a needy little turd I probably was as a kid. She cannot entertain herself to save her life, just like her dear ole momma. This afternoon I read a couple books to her on the couch and then we snuggled and watched a movie while G slept. Quality mommy-daughter time, to my way of thinking.

But when G woke up, he wanted to help me fold clothes. (He tumps over the basket and then hands me undies and socks, saying "Tank you" each time he hands me something.) N decides to launch herself into the clothes pile, which wouldn't have been a problem, except them she decides to splay them all over the floor and makes it virtually impossible for G to hand me any clothes or for me to grab any clothes without having to haul her ass up to get them.

I got frustrated and asked her repeatedly to stop, and then she got mad at me for fussing at her and starts running her sassy mouth, which makes me even more angry, resulting in her getting a time out in her bedroom.

And when she pisses me off, that pissed off feeling lasts far longer than I'd like it to. But I just have such trouble shrugging it off because I get tired of being treated like a piece of dog shit. Mommas, are ya feelin me????

The MAN----
And all the while this is going on, the man is in the basement having his "downtime" playing Xbox games.

The BOY-----
He is suddenly hitting his tantrum twos. When he is unhappy about something, he throws things and cries and hits and is generally very unpleasant to be around. And this is happening more and more. Fortunately, I have lived through this before so I know it ends at some point. With the 5-year-old, I haven't been down this road...all new territory to me, and I know it only gets more frustrating the older and more mouthy they get.

Ok, so I've vented, now I'm gonna share something positive.

The GIRL--
She has become a little reader, which is so totally cool. She reads books to G in the morning while I'm getting dressed. She points out words in her books as I'm reading to ask what it is and what it means. She tries to read small parts of some of her books and is so proud to call me over and read it to me.

The MAN--
Is gainfully employed and still comes home every night after work even though it is a madhouse.

The BOY--
Is talking like gangbusters. He finally says "tar"for car instead of "nananana." He says "pish" for "fish." He points out diggers and stop signs. He sings along to No More Monkeys Jumping On the Bed, but his version with finger wagging and all is, "Noooo Mooooo Mommies..." and then it trails off. He points out his boo-boos or where his most recent boo-boos have healed up every chance he gets. He tells me after he's pooped, which is tremendously helpful since I ignore both of my children more than I ever thought possible.

Ahhhh, I love 'em again.

No comments: