Adsense

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Reporting nothing much

I have a hard time with periods of time like this....in which nothing is really happening, everything is just kinda stale. I never wish for exciting stuff to happen, though, because past experience has taught me that exciting stuff usually equals bad stuff....like car accidents and illness. So as much as I feel like my life is in a holding pattern, I'll deal.

I have 2 more modules to complete in my grad class, so the light at the end of the tunnel is bright, but I still have more trekking to do. I have decided to take an elementary literature class in the summer. I figure this will be good to have with N starting kindergarten---make me aware of good reads for her.

My day-long sickness is still in effect, although the nausea isn't quite as intense as it was. It feels like I have a mild stomach bug, instead of a serious case. Tired still, but not as intense. Can't see a light in this tunnel, but I have hope that I might only suffer another few weeks. Please god.

D and I have begun the process of planning a vacation, and I cannot wait. We didn't go anywhere in 2008, so we are in need of a change of scenery. The beach is calling to both of us. Thinking of the ocean makes getting through the icky-ness and school junk a bit more bearable.

I signed N up to play soccer with my nephew on a co-ed Y team. This should be fun....or maybe comical is a better word? I am usually unwilling to sign N up for this and that sport team, but when my SIL asked, I thought it would be a good family activity for all of us. Both my brother and SIL work, and it seems like the more children we have, the less able we are to get together. When it was just N and my nephew, it seemed like we saw each other constantly. And I'm sure Nana and Pa will come to see their grandkids play.

This concludes everything I have to say at the moment about my rather dull life. I'm off to shower and read chapters 13 & 14 (my final two chapters to read for this class)! Huzzah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one always appreciate the dull moments. Enjoy them while you have them. You never know what might take their place.

Susan

Kelsey said...

The children's lit class was my favorite from undergrad - I bet you'll really like it!