Adsense

Monday, March 3, 2008

4th Birthday




I am birthday'd out. 2 parties within 7 days--one with family and one with N's little friends. I don't go all out, but it still requires some planning and preparation.

I made the birthday cakes this year using my friend A's cake decorating supplies. Although I envisioned something wonderful, they looked like plain ole homely homemade cakes. I'm gonna take a cake decorating class before G's birthday in September.

In the past we always had a meal for our family, but I really splurged on her present-- a Disney Princess Barbie doll palace. I guess am trying to relive my childhood desire for the Barbie Dreamhouse through N. Anyway, given how much I spent on that, I figured a homemade cake, storebrand ice cream and a bowl of Doritoes was good enough. Plus, she had asked to have a friend party, so I had to factor in the costs of that too.

N wasn't feeling 100% on the 24th when we had the family party, but she was all over the friend party. I had a haircut scheduled at 11:30 so I started getting the table and crafts lined up around 9:30 (her friends were to arrive at 1:30). N got herself dressed in her favorite princess gown and asked, "Have my guests arrived?" about every 6 minutes.

She and her friends had a good time---no hitting, crying or tantrums---which is AMAZING for a group of six 3- and 4-year-olds.

1 comment:

Giselle said...

I think your cakes are beautiful. But that's coming from a cake decorating school drop-out who usually has one side collapsing on my homemade cakes.

Oh, and your kids are really stinkin' cute. Little chunky monkey reminds me of Andrew. Big hunka boy.