Adsense

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Annual pap and pregnancy envy

Sitting in my ob/gyn's office on Monday, I was browsing through the pregnancy magazines because, DAMMIT, they didn't have any People or US Weekly. And I cannot just sit there and watch Rachael Ray blather on about whatever talk show hosts blather on about.

Anyway, I'm flipping pages in these magazines and
yearning for another baby.

WHAT?

Did I forget my meds today?
Do I not have a 5-month-old who sleeps like crap?
Was I not nauseous and pukey for 15 weeks?
Did I not feel like a beached whale for the last 9 weeks?

But you know what? I can't help it. I feel what I feel. And when I look at G and he grabs my nose or laughs and smiles at me I want to experience a pregnancy one final time. And when N says, "Mommy, I forgot to give you your good morning hug," I want to do it one final time.

I know I'm addicted to chocolate, but I didn't realize addiction applies to babies too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did D not say "2"?
-D

Anonymous said...

Carrie- Not that this will definitely happen to you, but I had serious pregnancy envy up until Max turned about 1. Now it is gone. Hang in there- time will tell what you really want. -sarah

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.