Adsense

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

We have lift-off...

Ok, I know this was a total fluke, and I just happened to be paying attention but N pooped in the potty today. We only started her wearing underpants all day yesterday, so I am pretty pleased. Of course, she seems to only be able to pee in a potty when we are not at home...although, I guess for this I should be thankful. Her poop came at Miss A's house.

At home, she just lets it go whenever and wherever she feels like it. I'll be ok so long as the company that produces Resolve carpet cleaner doesn't fold.

And, of course, later in the afternoon, while at home, N proceeded to poop again, but this time I was conked on the couch and missed my window of opportunity to get her butt on the can. So we had some soiled panties. Add those to the other pairs sitting on the washing machine ready to be cleaned.

D asked tonight how many accidents she'd had today. The only way I can keep up is to average the number of panties on the washer and the number of rags on the floor soaking up pee residue so the cats don't take to using my entire house as their litter box.

I had promised her a bag of M&Ms for pooping on the potty, so after calling Daddy, Nana and Mamaw about her exciting feat, we went to Target. I don't know if it was Target, just being tired or a combo, but by the time I got home, I was nauseated pretty badly and ready to crash (hence the missed second poop of the day).

It is nearly 9:00 p.m, and I am off to bed in anticipation of another day of potty training.

I must say I think my meds work tremendously well because for me to be able to flip N's turds into the toilet from her underpants, bend her over with heiney in the air, wipe her tail and then only have to wash my hands once (ok...I lied, I washed twice) is pretty amazing. There was a time I'd be dousing my hands with paint thinner in a futile attempt to get the fecal germs off my skin. Ain't being a mom and an obsessive-compulsive freak grand??????

No comments: