Adsense

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

3-year-old starlet

Despite being terribly shy, N is a starlet waiting to happen. Let's hope she's of Audrey Hepburn starlet-type fame and not Anna Nicole.

I mustered the energy today (with assistance from my nearly 70-year-old mother) to take N for her 3-year pictures. Normally I am totally on the ball with getting pics taken and annual doctor visits made, but I am just a shadow of my former self. It is kind of refreshing to not be so anal.

Anyway, I love having N's pictures made because it is one of the rare times when I find myself swooning and fawning over my own child. My mom made her an adorable Winnie the Pooh dress with a crinoline type skirt underneath it, and N picked out butterfly sandals to wear (which match the applique butterflies on the dress). Anyway, her outfit was cute, and then when the flashbulbs came out, the child turned on the charm.

She just smiled and shrugged her shoulders as she looked sideways at the camera. Work it, girl!! When she started to lose interest a bit, I told the photographer to talk about Disneyworld. HOT DOG! You've never seen so many grins in your life.

I never intend to spend as much money as I end up spending at the photography studio. I really don't need 300 wallets of N....Lord knows I neither have that many friends or know that many people. But the shots are just so cute. I kick myself when the Visa bill comes, but I never look at all the photos of N and think, "I wish I hadn't spent money on those photographs."

She'll have her awkward looking years soon enough when I'll be like, "What is the smallest possible package I can buy?" But for now, she is aglow in her 3-year-old cuteness, and I just want to savor it forever.

1 comment:

Giselle said...

You can send me a wallet!

Bravo to you for getting to the photographer. Lily is 5 months old, and I have YET to get a shot of her and Andrew together. Arghhhh. And I only have one of her all by herself. Oh well...neglect is expected with the 2nd child, right?

Glad you're posting so much more! You must be feeling better.