Adsense

Sunday, March 8, 2020

That annoying middle child made me proud

Yesterday was kind of a banner day for G, and he doesn't often have banner days.

He woke me up before 7:00 am, fully dressed in nice-for-him clothes (khaki pants and a collared shirt), telling me he had already practiced his speech for the regional science fair. He even wore a long-sleeved shirt under his collared shirt which, had I asked him to do this, would have been sensory hell for him.

He had been working for weeks on wearing these pants and getting used to them so he could attend the science fair dressed appropriately.

Even though I offered him his Ipad to play with while he waited to be judged, he turned it down.

He found friends to have lunch with and left his mom alone (which made mom really happy).

I was super proud of him...not because he got some special award or won anything at all...but because he showed responsibility, didn't complain, and took being in an unfamiliar setting with unfamiliar people in stride.


No comments: