Adsense

Friday, May 31, 2013

The cheap and mostly successful tiling project

Next month we will have been in our house 12 years so the newness has definitely worn off.  Things are nicked and faded and have a layer of child-related grime so thick that I cannot get it off no matter how hard I scrub.

The paint behind our kitchen sink had a tendency to fade and peel due to the drops of water from the faucet. I am the official "paint toucher-upper" in the house and, really, I don't need any more work added to my endless list of things that need to be done.

So I decided to try my hand at tiling the lazy person's way.

I bought Tile Setting Mat.....


some lightweight tiles...


some pre-mixed and stained grout... (of which I did not take a photo)

And I got....... awesomeness for under $50.


With the leftover tile, mat and grout, I did this in the powder room, which is off from the kitchen and had one of those large, plain, stuck-forever-to-the-drywall mirrors that lacks interest and was starting to chip and look worn at the edges.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

It looks great Carrie! I want you to come over and put up a backsplash all around my kitchen, ok? :)