Adsense

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Remembering

It is nice to have a blog because I can click back to see what I was experiencing 6 months ago, or a year ago. It is also not nice because it is undeniable evidence that I don't change much. But who does, really?

I checked back to see how I felt when pregnant with G, because it was at the exact same time in 2007. Still sick, still worried about baby. Nothing has changed.

On the homefront, there isn't much to report.

G is a little sickly, which means he wants to cling to me. Given that I don't want to be touched by anyone with a 111-foot pole, this is a problem. But we got through the day somehow.

My romance with spearmint gum has officially run its course, but I discovered Lemonhead candy today, which was the only thing that got me through the grocery without passing out or yakking all over the floor.

Meat tastes awful to me, but Kroger's loaded potato salad was like a fricking slice of heaven for dinner. Jello and strawberries together in a bowl tastes good too.

Tomorrow we are having the family over for N's 5th birthday celebration. It will be a very low-key affair, especially since I will likely be curled up in the fetal position on the couch. My nice SIL (brother's wife) is making N's cake--a Scooby Doo. I was gonna bake the cake and have her help me decorate it, but when making cupcakes nearly made me puke up an organ, I asked her if she would do the whole shebang. You know you are pregnant when the smell of chocolate cupcakes makes you gag and wretch.

5 comments:

Erin said...

OH, you poor thing. Seriously, that sickness sounds AWFUL.

But CONGRATULATIONS! I'm really excited to read all about your new big adventure. Hang in there. You're doing a great job, whether you feel that way or not.

Giselle said...

Been there...done that...don't envy you a bit.

I hope that the sickness passes quickly for you! At least this time you know it is the LAST time you will have progesterone poisoning...unless you are now convinced that you want 4 kids ;)

Anonymous said...

I loved lemonheads and the art and tinys, mini chewy sweet tarts.

Anonymous said...

You reminded me of the lemonhead stage I went through when I had morning sickness. I'll try to think of some other things I rotated through...sorry you feel so yucky:(

Beth

Kelsey said...

Oh I hate that part of pregnancy - and it was so much worse for me with my second baby than my first. Hang in there - I hope it passes quickly for you!