Adsense

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Please don't be like me

It's not that I think I'm a bad person. I know I'm a decent human being with admirable qualities, but as I am always with me and have always been with me, I also know my quirks, faults and foibles.

At brunch today, my friend shared her anecdotal theory that 1st born children are like their dads and 2nd born children are like their moms. Now D has his share of weird qualities...namely his sense of humor which N does seem to have inherited since she finds him immensely funny...but he is so much a better, more even-keel person than I am. N tends to go-with-the-flow like D and enjoy low-key things like staying in and watching tv all day in her pajamas (something D too would find equally enjoyable).

And so I pity G if my friend's theory is true. Hopefully his boyness will keep him from being a raving moody bitch of a dude. Unfortunately he already seems to have high-strung, tightly-wound tendencies, such as screaming his head off when my nipple doesn't get into his mouth at the instant he starts fretting for milk. And wet or dirty diapers just seem to undo him...I can see him relax as soon as a diaper change is imminent.

Poor, poor G.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a wild theory that I hadn't heard before, but E is so much like Patrick in so many ways! Now you have me thinking about Tom!?! Interesting...

Giselle said...

All I know is Andrew is JUST like me in personality. Lily is yet to be determined. ;) She seems to be turning out a nice mix of the two of us. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

A.C. is definitely more like me. G-we still haven't figured out exactly where she came from.
Susan