Adsense

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

COVID questions I ask myself

COVID-think is a thing now.

Here are some of the questions I ask myself:

1. Is whatever it is I'm thinking of doing worth getting sick to do?

Like if I run to Target for underwear and get sick from it, I will be really ticked off. And there is very, very little that I'm so anxious to do that I would be willing to chance getting sick to do it.


2. Is whomever I'm thinking about seeing someone that is worth me getting sick to see?

In my head, there are now tiers of people importance. You probably don't want to know which tier you're on.


3. If I do whatever it is I think I want to do, will I actually have fun doing it if I have to wear a mask and feel anxious around people?

Like flying. While I would love to go to France, I would hate to be in an airplane even if everyone is in masks. I don't like flying anyway and require extensive amounts of Xanax. With COVID, this would be entirely too much anxiety, therefore not worth it.

Also, France, Denmark, Amsterdam, Spain, Hungary, and Japan won't let me (or any of us COVID-y Americans in).

4. How long will Kroger keep their curbside pickup free of charge, and if they decide to once again charge $4.95 per pickup, is it worth $4.95 to avoid humans in the store?

There was a time when I was cheap and would have said my time is worth the $4.95 to schlep around for my own groceries, but it is worth my peace of mind to pay the $4.95 to avoid people.

5. How bad must things be when the gal working at the state park last week (which was very un-peoply on a Tuesday) thanked me for complying with mask-wearing and being nice about it?

I mean, this particular visitor center was about the size of the main floor of my house, so not huge. There weren't nooks and crannies where one could go to "get away." I don't understand why people are being such complete assholes, especially to people at places of business who have ZERO power to change anything even if they wanted to.

6. How many days can I go between showers without feeling completely funky?

My body can go at least 3 days, but my hair says no more than that. I have tested this.

7. Do my kids' brains still work?

My 16-year-old told me the other morning when it looked very overcast that she hoped it didn't "thunder rain."

At this point, I looked at her and said, "You mean "storm?"
And she replied, "Yes."
The answer to Question #7 is no.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Hi Carrie, I heard you mention your blog on the podcast and decided to visit. I'd been here months ago, but with my blog and social media reading all over the place, I had to decide on a few that I'd be consistent with. However, I'm back and find your musings interesting and engaging. I'm surprised you don't have chatty people like me commenting!
I have a few issues (don't we all) that I'd like to zap away - including anxiety. However, it's not constant - it comes and goes.
I'll be reading more of your posts. It'll be another source of therapy for me. :)