Adsense

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A real mom

I probably have friends who start to think I'm one of THOSE moms.....the ones who are crafty and who keep a neat house and who are patient with their children.  

And then they remember that I'm Carrie, a tell-it-like-it-is mom.

So I'm gonna tell it like it is...

1. I do crafts and projects so that I don't have to play Star Wars or Superheroes and Barbies.

2. I make ugly birthday cakes for the kids because of #1 and because I am a cheap-ass and don't want to pay Kroger to make a cake that I can make for pennies.  

3. My house may be neat, but my bathrooms are FUNKY.  My kitchen floor is rarely mopped.  Neatness should not be confused with cleanliness; they are different beasts.  

4. At least a week and a half out of every month I have to take extra antidepressants so I don't rip my children's heads off with my bare teeth.  

5. If you haven't heard me screeching my children's names at Target, then you don't live within a 10-mile radius of the Target we frequent.  

6. I generally wear the same pants a few times a week.  When I notice a snot stain, I change.  But I have to notice it.  

7. I don't know what I'm doing.  In general, but especially when it comes to mothering my children.  

See, not one of THOSE moms.  

No comments: