Adsense

Saturday, April 3, 2021

The kid line up

There are few things I'm traditional about. 

Mostly what I've watched my family do is modify traditions through time. Things simply change, and the harder a person fights to keep things exactly the same (tradition), the worse it is. 

I think I learned from my mom that it makes more sense to adapt than to fight and then be angry that things haven't stayed the same. She was an adapter; she watched too many people in her family be unhappy trying to keep things the way they had always been.

I was never big on dressing my kids up cute for holidays. They mostly didn't cooperate, and I'm not a dresser-upper for holidays so eventually I moved on. I guess my tradition when it comes to dressing my family for holidays is seeing how much like hobos everyone looks. 

But there is a tradition that my side of the family has done since our kids and my brother/SIL's kids were young:

THE LINE-UP

At first, it was easier to lie them all down than to try to stand them up and keep them in order. 


It got a little easier, but the two youngest didn't get it, and the middle boys were (and still are) complete doofuses.


N took a lot of pride for being the tallest....


but her one year-younger cousin eventually took the title of tallest grandkid (which he currently still holds)


And then the next cousin took her spot in the height of grandkids line-up.


AND, unfortunately, now her younger brother has taken her spot:


To make her feel better, we did a LINE-UP by age, and she was queen again:






No comments: