Adsense

Thursday, November 8, 2018

The book nerd version of "Show us your t*ts"

The other day I wondered to myself how many books we have in our house.

Given that I've been writing about heavy topics of late, I thought I'd indulge my lighter side and pay homage to books.

I decided to go through my house and snap a photo of every place I find a book.

I started with the main floor:

 The dining room table (also my makeshift office)

The other side of the dining room table 

 My purse

 My desk in the kitchen
(Actually, there is a Jodi Picoult novel on my desk, too.)

 The living room

The bookcase by the front door


The upper floor where our bedrooms are:

 N's bookcase


N's bedside table



The boys' bookcase


Books in bins on the floor in the boys' room.



Book on boys' dresser.

Table in my bedroom


D's bedside table

 Book on a desk in my bedroom (I work in a lot of rooms in the house)


My bedside table

The basement:

 My bookcase

 D's sci-fi/fantasy books

Under the steps closet for miscellaneous books

A few years ago I actually got rid of a lot of books from college because I decided to only keep books I love.  I have sold or given away many children's books as the kids have outgrown them because there is only so much room in our house. D actually reads mostly ebooks, so we would have more if he didn't do that. I'm also a big library user, so I borrow regularly, which also cuts down on the books we own. 

See, I feel like I'm offering excuses for why my book hoarding behavior could be worse. 

Still, if there is any truth to articles like this, I think we're setting our kids up well. 

No comments: