Adsense

Friday, November 17, 2006

Addendum to I wish I lived in a village....

So I had moved on to working on my Xmas cards when the voices of "those people" popped into my head.

Everyone has a "those people" voice. Mine works overtime. Those people are the ones who disagree with me, or are seemingly superior to me in every form and fashion. They are the perfect imaginary people who pooh-pooh my Carrie thoughts and feelings. They are all the child experts and the marriage experts and the scientists and the authority figures I've read about who tell all of us dumb-ole flounderers how we should make better choices in life. They are the "no tv for children under 2" people and the "eliminate all white foods because they raise blood sugar levels too high, too fast" people and the "stay in the BMI range of 20-24 or you'll develop pre-diabetes" people and the "don't waste fossil fuels, Carrie, by running to the store too often" people.

As I'm minding my own card-making business, "those people" in my head, in their haughty way said, "How can you possibly be bored?"

Today my answer to those people is: I am bored just because I am (and btw, f*** you imaginary people).

No comments: