Adsense

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Drum roll, please. (The Stitch Fix delivery)

I wrote that I was going to try Stitch Fix because I dislike shopping and generally don't know what looks good, not only on me but in general.

Yesterday, I got my first delivery in the mail.

I am keeping all 5 pieces.
They come out to be $34 per piece, and considering I'll likely wear them for the rest of my life (because I do this if something feels comfortable), I think that is a bargain.

I was very specific in my notes about textures (G isn't the only one in the family with texture sensitivities) and what I would be doing in the clothes (substitute teaching so I need them to be moveable).

The pants feel wonderful. I had requested ankle-length (since I already have a pair of boot-cut pants that I really like). One pair of pants is black; the other is navy with a small pattern to it.

Now, because I tend to be a minimalist, and cheap, at heart, Stitch Fix isn't something I'm going to use all the time. Maybe every six months.
But I did like that it allowed me to avoid something I dislike doing (shopping) and was, ultimately, a time saver.
(Not having to go from store to store in search of something saves my gas and time.)





If there is a downside to this experiment, it is taking pictures of myself and realizing that I am getting that middle-age look about my body.

Plans for today: the gym
Also, locate Fountain of Youth.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Those outfits look great on you, kudos to your shopper at Stitch Fix. Regarding the middle age look, accept it, it only gets worse.