Adsense

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Stitch fix (how I think this will go down)

I do not shop for clothes with any regularity.
It's not something I enjoy doing.
I am fashion-challenged.

If I went through my wardrobe, I expect at least 30% of the items are things that people have given me, either as gifts or as hand-me-downs.

This is a photo of all the clothes in my closet. 
The ones to the left are hand-me-downs/gifts. 


The upside of this is that the items are free, which works well with my cheap-as-hell spending philosophy.
The downside is that I don't love some of the items, or I realize after wearing them a few times that they really don't look great on me.

I did purchase two tops recently, and I think they sum up my fashion sense:

From The Loft

From Hot Topic

My fashion sense is basically "the mullet" of clothes--some version of "party on the bottom; business on the top" or the reverse. 

I met a friend for lunch this week, and she had on a really cute outfit that looked great on her. She does Stitch Fix, so I thought I would try it. 

On Stitch Fix, they ask you to provide information on not only your size but your fashion likes and dislikes.

Mine went something like this:

I'm a bit sensory-challenged. I like things really comfortable and soft. I do not like Supima cotton--it feels too stiff and scratchy to me. I only want to buy clothes about once a year. I would like a nice pair of comfy work pants for subbing. I would like to try a pair of tighter ankle pants; the ones I have flare at the ankle (bootcut?). I do not like khaki pants or navy blue. I don't want earrings, necklaces, or shoes. I am 45-years-old and beginning to not like my arms, so I prefer something with sleeves. 

I don't know how clothing goes together. The thin tops, for example. Do you wear a tank under them? A t-shirt? A camisole? I really don't know. 

Stitch Fix has this spinning wheel of fashion--you give outfits a thumbs-up or thumbs-down. 
Suffice it to say, I was thumbs-downing A LOT. 

I have a feeling the "stylist" will email me something like this:

You are impossible. Go buy a potato sack. 

No comments: