Adsense

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nov 1 = NaBloPoMo again and a special anniversary

For the past few years I have blogged every day in the month of November, so I'm gonna give it a go another year.

I am also going to give my marriage a go for another year, today marking 14 years of wedded togetherness for me and D.  I assume he is gonna stick around for another 365 as well.  

In the car the other day, N was asking me questions about her daddy and me and our relationship when we met, so I thought I'd post some D and me trivia.

1. D and I met in 1995 at the dental insurance company we both worked at while in college.  Actually we had sorta been eyeing each other for a little while and formally spoke at an after-hours gathering at a local bar.  And by formally spoke, I think D said maybe 2 sentences to me.  If memory serves, I believe I was talking to one of his co-worker's husband a lot (which also might be calling flirting).

2. The first time he called me I was sitting outside reading Pearl S. Buck's The Good Earth.  

3. Our first date was that afternoon.  We took a walk in the park.  When he dropped me off at my car (it was a Sunday), he asked me out for the following Friday.  

4. Our second date was to a play and dinner.  D didn't say much at dinner (anyone see a trend here?).  When we got back to my house, we went for a walk through the neighborhood in the dark....and he started talking.  He said he liked the movie Orlando.  He got bonus points for that.

5. One of our very early dates was when D went sky-diving for the first time and took me along.  I remember wondering how I was supposed to act if his chute didn't open and crashed into the ground.  I figured the television news would interview me and since I wasn't his girlfriend and barely knew him, I wasn't sure what kind of emotion I should convey.  

6. Aside from these early ones, I don't remember too many of our other dates.  We went to see the movies Farinelli and Carrington and others at a small theater that has long since closed down.  And we slept alot since at the time our allergies were untreated so in the spring and fall we were groggy and congested.  Ahh, sweet love.  

7. D proposed on bended knee while we were on a Carnival cruise in May 1996.  

Maybe I'll do more trivia as the week progresses.  I'll be desperate for ideas, I'm sure, doing this daily blogging thing.

No comments: