Adsense

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Old age, here I come

I will be 37 this year, but you'd think I was 4 steps from the grave.  Ok, maybe 8 steps.  It is just becoming increasingly apparent to me that I'm not such a spry hot chick anymore (as if I ever was.)

In the summer,  I used to never have to wear sunglasses.  The rays never bothered me.  But when I was pregnant with G in 2007 I had to purchase very dark shades.  I thought it might just be pregnancy, but it didn't go away when the placenta exited.  It is to the point that now it is bothersome to not have my sunglasses on in the snow.  Yes, the reflected light from the whiteness just about does me in.

And then there's the fact that I call everyone under 30 a kid.  Because they are kids.  They look so darn young with their bright eyes and doughy skin.

I posted a new FB profile pic and was a little shocked by the lines on my face.  I'm not ready yet to call them wrinkles.

Of course there is also the fact that I am hearing "new" music via my kindergartener and her Alvin and the Chipmunks songs.  I'd never heard Beyonce's All the Single Ladies, Pink's So What or Corinne Bailey Rae's Put Your Records On, but I have now thanks to the Chipettes.  I fully expected to hear unknown music once my children were teens, but the 5-year-old??  That's just pitiful.

No comments: