Adsense

Friday, June 13, 2008

Pool hell

Well, the pool hasn't been a terribly relaxing place for me this summer....
  • Perhaps it is because I am constantly hauling an extra 20+ lbs around everywhere with me.
  • Perhaps it is because of the 6 times we've gone, we've only left once without someone crying (Note: I have not cried yet when leaving the pool, although I have felt like screaming.)
  • Perhaps it is because I keep getting smacked in the head by stupid cicadas (which have also factored into some of the crying that has occurred at the pool).
I shouldn't complain. I could be working at an office job. Or I could be at home cleaning. So I'll shut up.

N did not fry to a crisp after her sunburn. She didn't blister or peel. She didn't wake up in the middle of the night complaining that her skin hurt. She was kinda pink on Saturday, and that was about it. As usual, if I worry about something, absolutely nothing comes of it.

It has been fun watching N develop as a little swimmer. She doggie paddles most of the time, but she is trying to swim underwater, which is neat to see. Especially since last year, she wouldn't even consider putting her face in the water until late August. And she jumps in without wanting someone to hold her hand.



And G is getting more used to the pool. I guess he figures if he is gonna be drug there, he might as well splash a little bit.

No comments: