Adsense

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Past the half year

G is 7 months old today. How in the hell is he already 7 months old? I guess I have adjusted to life with 2 kids, and it happened without a whole lot of worry or stress.

When G was first born, a mom with 3 kids, the youngest of whom was about 7 months at the time, brought us a meal, and I asked how she was able to do it. I just couldn't fathom having multiple kids, one only 7 months old, and fixing food for another family. And here I am, 7 months later preparing to take a meal to a MOMS Club member who just had a baby.

I certainly adjusted better to G than I did to having N. I have found myself wondering how much baby food he should be eating and when will it be time for Cheerios because I cannot remember anything about this stage with N, and with good reason.

When N was 7 months old, I was in the process of having a nervous breakdown. She turned 7 months at the end of September, and by early November I was on antidepressants and checking into seeing a therapist. So this stage of her life is kind of a blur to me. I do distinctly remember the day she started crawling because I had been to the doctor for my ductal yeast infection earlier that day.

And so here I am with G, who seems unlikely to ever move off his little chunky ass to roll around or crawl. But whatever...he is mostly happy and a champion sitter.

It is so much more relaxing with the 2nd baby. Sure, I hope all is well with him and definitely stay on top of his development, but I am not obsessing, not anxious about everything he does and doesn't do, and everything I do and don't do. And for that I am so thankful.

No comments: