Adsense

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sick day

Fortunately I missed the big event last night. N was acting weird after her nap...unusually clingy and quiet so I suspected something was up. And it was, in daddy's lap and on the basement couch. Up-chuck. Throw-up. I had managed to head to the library and grocery store. By the time I arrived back home, D had bathed her and gotten her ready for bed.

But today was my day of fun. Staying in all day...just vegging. Prior to being a mom, I used to think hell would likely consist of me ironing in pantyhose. Now I think it is being stuck in the house with a semi-sick toddler. N didn't take a long nap, despite waking up a good hour and a half earlier than her normal waking time. She wasn't well enough to play by herself and be really active and fun, but she wasn't sick enough to just lay on the couch and be quiet. She kept wanting me to pretend to be "grandma." One day last week I took on a grandma persona just to be cute, rocking in the rocker and talking as if my dentures needed adjusting. Now I've got a 38-inch "grandma groupie" following me around begging to see my schtick.

And D is feeling sickly. Something has happened with his allergies this year, I guess, but they have been worse than ever. So he has that pathetic look about him...drexin around as if he has the world's worst case of....stuffy nose or post-nasal drip. It is really difficult for me to drum up alot of sympathy for him. I had tubes at least 3 times, my adenoids removed, and a hole repaired in my eardrum before I was 10. I have seen so many ENTs I can't even name them all. I have tonsils the size of small South Pacific islands and have taken allergy shots for nearly half my life. Beat that!

Anyway, I just hope both of them start turning it around because with Thanksgiving being this week it means I will be, for all intents and purposes, stuck in the house with both of them. I suspect I will be thankful we have 2 unopened bottles of wine in the rack.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I can totally relate to the sick child thing. Ab had that at 3:30 a.m. the other morning when D was out of town and the girls and I were staying overnight at my parents house! We left a great yellow stain on my parents carpet. Fond memories.... We should buy stock in a carpet-cleaning business. Between the kids and the cat, we'd make a fortune. Hope your family is on the mend!